The Ministry of antimonopoly regulation and trade (MART) is a republican body of state administration reporting to the Government of the Republic of Belarus.
The MART system comprises a central office, territorial bodies with the rights of legal entities, departments (divisions) of trade and services of regional executive committees and Minsk city executive committee, as well as a subordinated organization "The editorial board "Hermes" and Open Joint Stock Company "Belarusian Universal Commodity Exchange" whose shares owned by the Republic of Belarus are transferred to the control of MART.
MART tasks are:
- implementation of the state policy in the area of counteraction to monopolistic activity and competition development, regulation of natural monopolies, pricing, trade, public catering, consumer services, consumer protection, advertising, public procurement of goods (works, services);
- measures to counter the monopolistic activity and unfair competition, to detect and prevent violations of the law in the area of counteraction to monopolistic activities and development of competition (hereinafter - the antitrust laws), the promotion of fair competition;
- analysis of the consumer goods and services markets, the implementation of trade and catering, including on the basis of official statistical information, the customs statistics of foreign trade of Belarus, bilateral trade statistics of the Republic of Belarus with the states - members of the Eurasian Economic Union, Belarus Trade Register and Belarus Consumer Services Register information;
- measures to promote the domestic consumer market, improve the quality of trade and consumer services, public catering, develop the advertising activity, taking into account the national interests of the Republic of Belarus;
- implementation of personnel policy in the area of counteraction of monopolistic activities and development of competition, regulation of natural monopolies, pricing, trade, public catering and consumer services;
- implementation within its competence, control, state control (supervision);
- coordination of exhibition and fair activity in the Republic of Belarus.
For a comprehensive discussion of the problems in the area of antimonopoly regulation, legislation on the activity of natural monopolies, prices and pricing, trade, public catering, consumer services, consumer protection, advertising, public procurement of goods (works, services) and to propose recommendations in MART can be created scientific and technical (expert) councils, commissions, groups.